cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Intelligent WiFi Pod will not sync with SuperHub3. First Pod works perfectly

wrwhite
On our wavelength

I have received an intelligent WiFi Pod form VM with my new Volt contract, plugged it in and it synced with my SuperHub3 and started to work almost immediately and appears to be very good. I requested a second Pod but this will not sync with the my SuperHub3. The first pod continues to work, so I know the SuperHub3 is configured correctly. I have called VM several times and been through the “standard” trouble shooting procedure (about 4 or 5 times now), including apparently provisioning it again (not sure how this might be possible if not connected unless there is a initial provisioning only protocol, maybe indicated by the colors of the flashing lights?). I even get a text message on my phone saying everything should be working now but unsurprisingly it’s not. The Pod just keeps pulsating green for about two/three mins and then white for about two/three mins and then repeating. The last time I called the assistant decided to send me a new Pod which arrived this morning and guess what, exactly the same issue. Called again, went through the same trouble shooting steps including provisioning again moving the Pod to different areas including the same room as the SuperHub3 but no further forward. I am know pulling my hair out. Any recommendations on what the issue could be, please. The first pod installed continues to work perfectly!!! Incidentally I am in the IT business and do know what I am doing. I have even tried connecting it directly to the SuperHub3 via Ethernet in case that would force it to sync but no. Apparently I am going to be called back by the second level support team (at their convenience within 24 hours) but I am unlikely to be at home when they call so I doubt they will be able to assist. HELP!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi wrwhite,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the 2nd pod,

Looking at things from our side I can see you've been in touch since you posted, however so I can take a look at your complaint I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

hard to read a wall of text - a few line spaces might help

being in the it business is obviously not helping as offshore equally are not - first thing no one will call you back - that got you off the phone - they marked the call as solved - box ticked - move on

try a full reset of the hub that may help if not its back on the phone i am afraid - the pod is not added to your account whatever they say and they will say anything that comes into their head - you were lucky in that you got someone who knew what a pod is - seems not all offshore do 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

They probably haven't added the Mac address of the second pod to your account so the Hub doesnt know it needs to sync to it, quickest way to see is give VM CS a call.

wrwhite
On our wavelength

Tony thanks for the response and sorry about the formatting.

If you think the problem is that the pods have not been added to my account (that is my suspicion as well), why do you think a box reset will solve the problem? I can't see how that will magically add the pods to my account. Do you think it is simply the pod serial number, written on the pod that needs adding to the account?

You say they are not going to call back but the assistant did give me a work order number.

Will

Thanks bitsandpcs

Yes, I've called VM CS several times but they have no clue. I'll try again. Any recommendations on what I should tell them? I can see serial numbers on the units but no MAC address

Maybe try cancelations, that way you may get through to the English call centre who seem to know more about the pods and how they work. I have gone through what your experiencing with the pod. Nothing you can do until they check that the pod is on there system.

bitsandpcs

Yes good idea. I have also raised an official complaint. Let's see if that helps

Will

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

a full reset is what staff here will suggest - thats after a reboot so just getting it out of the way - a works reference number - well yes no problem F1234567890 or similar - they lie well - they have had plenty of practice 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi wrwhite,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the 2nd pod,

Looking at things from our side I can see you've been in touch since you posted, however so I can take a look at your complaint I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

wrwhite
On our wavelength

Alex

Thanks for your help and the chap in the Faults Department (sorry, didn't get his name) who called me this morning.

I can confirm that all is working now and I have three working pods.