cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan home not working with new WiFi pod

scottburton
Joining in

Just installed a new pod today and the install seemed to go fine. Now finding WiFi stronger in previously weak rooms.

But when I try to use the Scan YourHome section of Virgin Media Connect, I get an error message saying "Please connect to your hub or WiFi booster. It looks like you are connected to your home network via an unrecognised access point."

Any ideas why or how to overcome this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe that the VM Connect app is due to be updated at some point to work with the new WiFi pods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Yup already trouble with the new pods.

You can wait for VM to fix it or send the pod back and get a better wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe that the VM Connect app is due to be updated at some point to work with the new WiFi pods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Would be useful if Virgin explained this when issuing Pods. My new pod has improved my wifi, but I then got a text from virgin telling me to set it up using the connect app, at which point I get the same problem reported above.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @lesandphil.

Welcome to the community page! Thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry that you are having issues with the connect app, we are looking to update this at the moment.

I am glad to see that the Wi-Fi Pods have helped improve your internet.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide