cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung phones not connecting to Hub 5

sb85uk
Joining in

We have installed the hub 5 and our internet speed is so much better, however my sons both have Samsung phones and they are unable to connect to the hub.

it shows on their wifi lists but then just will not connect. Have tried updating their phones, soft resetting phones, restarting router.

Everything else connects great, except these Samsung devices.

Any ideas? 

39 REPLIES 39

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sb85uk

Are you able to provide the information that @Kath_F request? Or have you been able to fix the issue at your end?

Please let us know if you have been able to fix this and what you have done so that we can advise anyone else having the same issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

amoVM
On our wavelength

My son is having same issue with 5ghz on Samsung s21 Ultra, it disconnects after a few days and you have to reset the hub to allow it to connect again.

22ssingh
Joining in

I'm having the same issue with my Samsung S22 ultra. I have to reset the Hub 5 every few days in order for my phone to connect, anyone have a solution yet?

amoVM
On our wavelength

Is there any update from the Tech team pls?

Thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey amoVM, thanks for posting and for the query. Could you please let us know what sort of update you've been expecting from us so I can chase this up for you? Is this regarding the WiFi connection issue with the Samsung device you purchased? Cheers

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

amoVM
On our wavelength

I was told that your Hub5 tech team were going to review this issue experienced with some Samsung products.

Thanks

Mike_67
On our wavelength

Hi,

Did you get any resolution on this problem? I’ve just installed a hub 5 and whilst my wife’s older Samsung phone connects to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi my newer A53 will only successfully connect to the 2.4Ghz at usually sub 100Mbps. It also randomly says no internet and resorts to mobile data. We have a relatively small house and I’m probably no more than a 5 metres away from the hub.

Thankfully everything (as far as I can tell) seems to be working.

amoVM
On our wavelength

No didnt get a fix from VM.

Mike_67
On our wavelength
Ok thanks.
I wish I’d have found this thread before upgrading. My Superhub 2 was far from perfect but it wasn’t as dodgy with my phone as the hub 5

Sorry to hear this is still unresolved for you. 

I will check back with the team to see if there are any further updates or any further information we might need to help resolve this sooner. 

Mt apologies again for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley