cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung phones not connecting to Hub 5

sb85uk
Joining in

We have installed the hub 5 and our internet speed is so much better, however my sons both have Samsung phones and they are unable to connect to the hub.

it shows on their wifi lists but then just will not connect. Have tried updating their phones, soft resetting phones, restarting router.

Everything else connects great, except these Samsung devices.

Any ideas? 

39 REPLIES 39

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@sb85uk wrote:

We have installed the hub 5 and our internet speed is so much better, however my sons both have Samsung phones and they are unable to connect to the hub.

it shows on their wifi lists but then just will not connect. Have tried updating their phones, soft resetting phones, restarting router.

Everything else connects great, except these Samsung devices.

Any ideas? 

Yup. The Hub5 is in trial stage with many, many many bugs and issues. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

@gary_dexter wrote:

Yup. The Hub5 is in trial stage with many, many many bugs and issues. 

Gary, no, be fair, it’s on a ‘soft launch’, no; no idea either. 😉

But, yes, it does have more bugs than the insect section of the Natural History Museum, but look on the bright side, you are providing valuable testing experience for VM and they aren’t even making you pay extra for the privilege. Win / Win, no?

You can try splitting the Wifi bands and connecting the phones to the (albeit slower) 2.4Ghz band. That seems to work for some people with connection issues. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi Gary, how would I do this? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @sb85uk,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having connecting to your Hub 5. How are things going at the moment, has the advice from the community members helped you to resolve this problem or is it still ongoing?

Regards,

Steven_L

No I have tried all of the steps above and it is still not connecting but will connect other devices. And this particular device will connect to other wifi networks 

Hi sb85uk, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one this. 

I'm sorry to hear that the devices still haven't connected despite advice from the community. 

What Samsung devices are they? 

Can you also let me know what OS they are both running please?

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Upgrade your hub in modem mode with your own wifi router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------