cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SamKnows does not work on my Hub4

shaneclare
Tuning in

Having loads of problems with 1gb connection and SamKnows won’t see my hub, so unable to check my actual speed etc. Any thoughts?

13 REPLIES 13

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shaneclare, 

I am so sorry you are having issues with SamKnows, do you have a screenshot of your error (without personal information) 

Zoie

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I'm sure VM have not setup the test server for your WAN gateway yet...
---------------------------------------------------------------

As it turns out after being told by Virginmedia's telephone support for the last two and a half months that everything was fine and the problem was all mine a new router has solved all my issues, not being able to use the Sanknows software, slow speeds (as low as 7mb on a 1gig connection on wired) and constant drop outs and buffering on my music streamers. Not very happy at all, the poorest customer service in over thirty years as a client. I may be going elsewhere.

Raithmir
Dialled in

Doesn't work for me either. I'm running in router mode as I always have, and it used to work fine.

Screenshot in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/5GHz-wifi-disables-itself-hardware-issue/td...

Might be worth insisting on a new hub, mine turned out to be the problem.

@shaneclare wrote:

Might be worth insisting on a new hub, mine turned out to be the problem.

Nothing wrong with the hub

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, When I said router I meant to say Hub, a new Hub 4 solved all my problems.

Curiously, the RealSpeed test is working fine again today.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Mine has not worked for a while now but it is inconsistent, so I do not really bother with it but was curious what changed.

Screenshot 2022-04-14 020036.png

Not on WIFI, (Router Mode+Wired) and I am not using a VPN, again nothing changed.