Menu
siopoudis
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SW14 No service since yesterday

I've had no broadband service since yesterday in SW14. There is a fault at my area apparently, but the engineer has been "on his way" since last night. The original fix estimate was 00:40, then got pushed to 12pm, now 4pm. Getting an SMS about 1 hour before the estimated fix time  to push it further.

Can I get an update on the fault please, and when it's actually estimated to be fixed?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SW14 No service since yesterday

Unlikely you will get a fix date/time - depends what the engineer discovers when he gets to the problem.
You could try, (if you haven't) the Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number which means you can track it easier.
If it drags on for a "few days" a VM person should pick it up on here and may have more info

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
siopoudis
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do have a fault code since yesterday, it's F007433507. But no idea where to look this up for more info.

Tried calling 150 and all I get is an automated message stating the fault and the time they're expecting to finish this, but as it's now about 1 hour before the supposed fix time, I suspect I'm about to receive another text saying the estimate has moved again.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The only people who can give you any details on a “F” number are VM staff, either on the phone or when they get to your post, which can sometimes take a few days. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi siopoudis,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out to our community. I'm sorry that you've been experiencing broadband issues and have struggled to obtain further details.

Thank you for providing fault reference F007433507. In taking a look at this ticket, I can see that the issue was reported as resolved just after 11am on Friday 27th, following on-site repairs completed by one of our local techs.

I do apologise for any frustration or confusion caused by our updates to the estimated fix time. The statements - on their way, working on it, final checks - are just a rough idea of what stage we're at; identifying the problem, working to resolve the identified issue, or checking the fix. We have fed back that they aren't the clearest.

On this occasion, it appears that your estimated time was amended a couple of times while the team worked to narrow down the root cause of the issue, but once found the fault was swiftly rectified.

How's everything been over the past couple of days?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
siopoudis
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael,

the most confusing and frustrating part was the fact I received a text message at 5pm on Thursday, stating that everything was fixed when I had no service still. Then I called customer services and got an engineer booked, as they could too see, that the issue was fixed. Next morning (Friday), I went on the service status page to see that again, there were two faults listed there. This time I got no text about this.

Everything is working fine now, and I understand that things like this happen, but when you know that there is a fault in an area, and since you apparently have the systems in place to notify customers, why don't you do so? Communicating the issue goes a long way into a customer's mind to reassure them that you guys know about it and are *probably* doing something about it.

0 Kudos