cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID names and Virgin Connect app

davidhillwatty
Tuning in

Hello - simple question: I have recieved a new Hub 5. If I change the name of the default SSID (VM...) to my current personalised SSID (to avoid changing all the wifi set-up on many things...)  will the Virgin Connect app not find the network / not scan? As in, is it designed to look only for VM... and not personalised SSIDs? 

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you

David

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TBH, I've no idea.  Judging by the comments on here about the app, it's a complete exercise in frustration.  I only tried the app once as a test, when I initially installed my Hub 3. It didn't work so it was uninstalled.

However as I put the Hub into modem mode shortly afterwards, it is of no consequence. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Adduxi - thanks for the info; I never knew the app was an 'exercise in frustration' (great description) as I've only just installed it. I shall soon to be uninstalling it. One thing I did notice in the short time I have used it is the speeds the app states are far higher than any other speed tester. Hmmm.

Regards.