cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID HUB 5

chrisbuxton17
Tuning in

Hi.. changed from Hub 3 to Hub 5. So i dont need to change the settings on all my devices, i tried to change the ssid and password on Hub 5 to what i had set on Hub 3. Although i was able to do it, nothing would connect. Obviously i switched off Hub 3. Also to mention, i had Hub 3 set as modem only with eero hub.

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
But you have a eero hub? With hub in modem mode the wifi on the VM hub is not needed
---------------------------------------------------------------

Plan on ditching eero hub and just using Hub 5 for modem and router as seems have a better range.

You be running back to your eero hub in no time.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey chrisbuxton17, thanks for posting and glad to see you wish to use our new hub 5 without any 3rd party equipment invlolved.

We'd like to advise our hub's WiFi broadcasting works quite differently than our previous hubs, it would be best to use hub 5 on the default settings for a while so we can monitor the performance too.

In case you identify any issues, please let us know here and we'll be eager to check things further and help. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My original question was that i wanted to change the ssid on the new hub 5 to the one on my hub 3 as i have too many devises to change over to the default on hub 5. Hub 5 won't let me change it to that specific ssid but i can change it to anything else. Do i need to de-register the ssid on the hub 3 to be able to use it? 

I wouldn't put it past VM to not allow changing of the SSID of another hub SSID a like.

Hi there @chrisbuxton17 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with the Hub SSID. Can I just check, is the password you are changing this too the original password that was given with the old Hub? 

Do you get an error code or message at all when you try to reset it to this password?