cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SONOS Connectivity poor

Cambridgehouse
Joining in

I have had Virgin for about a week and todate my SONOS will work but then stop and restart later, message comes up 'network insufficent' on occasions.  Very frustrating and poor.  There is an answer on the forum already but to IT for me.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sophist
Trouble shooter

Are they connected wired or wirelessly? Also what’s the link to the other thread you mention?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

sophist
Trouble shooter

Are they connected wired or wirelessly? Also what’s the link to the other thread you mention?

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Sonos uses the 2.4Ghz Wifi.

Youll need to split the Wifi bands, disable channel optimisation and select a clear or less congested channel for the 2.4Ghz band. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Sonos also uses its own wireless mesh where it feels the network it is connected to isn’t good enough..

a lot of the complexity is abstracted from the user to provide a system that “just works” with lots of moving parts underneath, many of which aren’t configurable.

one thing of note though, which may help, is that when you set up a Sonos system the first player you add becomes the master/coordinator for the other players you add. If, in your configuration, this happens to be the one farthest from the router, it could well be causing you issues.

first suggestion would be to set the Sonos system up again, and make sure that the first one you configure is the one closest to your hub.. 

edit: this is in addition to what Gary has suggested above 

Thank you for your response , the SONOS system is all wi fi connected to the hub which has a wired unit into the hub.

I would suggest that you get the Sonos user support involved. They took 4 hours to reconfigure my system and supplied me with a free Boost to replace the old Bridge which was not working on the S2 system. Also they warned me that I could not expect the system to work correctly if I tried to use WiFi boosters. The only solution to cure the black spots around my property would be to install a separate mesh for house WiFi.