Menu
Muller
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SHub 3 modem power/stat levels?

Have had numerous wifi/connection problems etc. Put shub 3 into modem mode and using tp link router. Rang tech helpline and they have arranged for an engineer to call out. These are the stats from the superhub 3 menu. Are they normal range? Thanks. upstreammodem.png

downstreampart1.png

downstreampart2.png

modemlogpart1.png

modemlogpart2.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SHub 3 modem power/stat levels?

Only one upstream channel and the power level is way too high. Downstream is way too low.

Dave

"The late great Douglas Adams: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
Muller
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there anything I should say to the engineer? ie make him change the cable wiring, replace superhub 3 etc. I don't want him/her to fob me off. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just show them the power levels and check they're in spec' before they leave. If they're any good they'll decide on the best course of action.

Downstream power levels should be between -6 and +10, upstream less than 51 (ideally in the 40's).

Dave

"The late great Douglas Adams: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
Muller
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. With regards to only one upstream channel, is that just because of the superhub 3 being in modem mode? Or a network fault/superhub fault? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Muller wrote:

Thanks for the info. With regards to only one upstream channel, is that just because of the superhub 3 being in modem mode? Or a network fault/superhub fault? Thanks. 

They always have 2, 3 or 4 upstream channels as far as I'm aware, regardless of mode.

If I was a betting man I'd go for network fault, I've known to be wrong though.

Dave

0 Kudos