cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SH5 - changed SSID and can't connect

BobbyNog
Tuning in

I had my SH4 replaced with a SH5 on Saturday. Today I've tried changing the SSID and it appears that only 2.4GHz devices connect if I do (including my phone). Anything 5GHz won't connect unless I change the SSID and password back to default. 

The SH4 was in modem mode and I was running a network over another router. As I have over 80 connected devices, I don't want to have to change the settings for them all. 

Is this common and is there a known fix? 

4 REPLIES 4

spikey673
Superfast

@BobbyNog wrote:

I had my SH4 replaced with a SH5 on Saturday. Today I've tried changing the SSID and it appears that only 2.4GHz devices connect if I do (including my phone). Anything 5GHz won't connect unless I change the SSID and password back to default. 

The SH4 was in modem mode and I was running a network over another router. As I have over 80 connected devices, I don't want to have to change the settings for them all. 

Is this common and is there a known fix? 

Log into the hub, click on connected devices, if there are some listed without an IP, or with a 0 connection rate, you are experiencing the hub 5 DHCP bug.

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BobbyNog thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

How have things gone since posting?  Have you had opportunity to test the advice? Please do update us and if required, we'll have a look from our side.

Regards

Lee_R

It's still a problem. I've found many threads with the same issue - there appears to be a fundamental flaw in the firmware that messes with the DHCP when a user changes the SSID.

Are VM looking into it as I've had to go back to old routers to get my devices working without the need to change them all?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Run the Hub5 in modem mode like the hub4, all VM hubs work very well as modem mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2