Menu
MaverickRhino
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SH3 keeps resetting itself?

I have the guest WiFi enabled on SH3 with a different SSID to the factory setting to match various visitors legacy devices.

Every couple of weeks the guest network stops broadcasting. I log into SH3 and it appears to have reset itself. I get a welcome screen as if its a new install, and the guest network is always switched off with the SSID having reset itself to factory setting?

Anyone know why on earth its doing this?

0 Kudos
MaverickRhino
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 keeps resetting itself?

Its just done it again, and I was in the house this time.

Internet dropped out, looked at Hub and it was going through a reboot sequence.

When it came back on, logged into the hub to be met with the welcome startup screen.

Navigated through that, Guest network was off, and when I enabled it SSID and password had defaulted to factory settings.

Why is it doing this?

0 Kudos
MaverickRhino
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And its done it again

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MaverickRhino,

I'm not seeing any obvious issue from here. Hub reports having been connected to the CMTS for the past 4 days.

There have been 17 offline times since last October which could be due to being rebooted.

Would you please ensure that the Hub's PSU is plugged directly into a wall mounted socket and not via any extension leads?

If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll get a replacement Hub sent out.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MaverickRhino
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay.

I've been monitoring things since your last post, and everything was stable until today. The hub appears to have rebooted and reset itself, logged in to the now familiar "welcome to your new hub" and had to re-enable guest network which was switched off.

Unless you can see a cause, I guess we have to go with a replacement SH3 as you suggest.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try a pinhole reset to factory settings. Push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the router after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both Hub and Wifi will revert to those printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/drawer.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.