cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SH3 | Unable to ping out until factory reset | Occurs weekly

louij2
Superfast

Every week I have to factory reset the SH3 in order to get the internet working again.

The pings from the router to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 for example just timeout until I factory reset the SH3 and it works again.

This has been occurring weekly for the past month and is fixed every time by a factory reset...

For the years that I have been a VM customer, have never had these many problems. Paying over £100 a month for service like this is nuts. Seriously glad that Community Fibre are coming to my road now, as I refuse to pay anymore to upgrade to SH4/5 with faster package when I already pay an eye watering sum every month.

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey louij2, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look and I can see there is a SNR outage since August which is due to end on the 22nd October 2022, I understand this is very frustrating.

Unfortunately a pin hole reset will not fix this issue due to the issue being located in the outside network

I understand it's not ideal and it has caused a lot of issues which I am sorry about. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,

I'd like some compensation back then on my contract that's £100 a month.
It's crazy that as a customer I have to chase for this information...

Hi there @louij2

Thank you so much for popping back to us and we are so sorry that you are feeling let down by us and the outage.

I'd be more than happy to raise a complaint for you in regards to this via a PM. 

I'll pop one across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.