cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SH3 Crashing in Modem Mode

jkstmags
Joining in

Hi, my VM internet connection drops out a few times a day. If left alone, the issue resolves itself within a few minutes, or alternatively a reboot of the hub will restore connectivity. However, this is having an impact on our ability to work from home effectively as it takes several minutes to restore the connection and reconnect to our VPNs etc - not ideal in the middle of an important conference call! 

Our setup is as follows:

• Super Hub 3
  • Modem Mode
  • Netgear Orbi Wifi Mesh 

See posts below for logs from the SH3.

Broadband quality link 

Any help appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Offshore CS do like to BS you to get you off the phone - but if there is a known issue at your location it will show on the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum).

But also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah, nothing reported on the service status. They were obviously just telling fibs to get rid of me. Thanks for all your help on this. Do you know the best way to get an engineer booked? Do I have to go through the offshore call centre? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I am not sure you need a Tech visit yet. You need to call in or wait a few days for VM to get here and take a look. But they will want you in normal router mode and try the troubleshooting I suggested earlier

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @jkstmags Thanks for getting back to us.  

I can see that you've been liaising with my colleague, Corey on another thread.  I will leave you in his capable hands and have this thread closed.

Regards

Lee_R