Menu
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SH2 WiFi. On but no internet. Cable works fine

As above. Been having WiFi only issues for the past fortnight. The SH2 is working fine for Ethernet connected devices, but WiFi keeps dropping out on 2.4ghz. 5ghz is fine but not all my devices can use that, including most of the smart home devices I have. Done all the resets etc. The web interface doesn’t report any issues when this is happening, things just stop working. I sometimes see a red light on the SH2 but not always. Obviously I can buy my own router but I’d rather not and shouldn’t have to. I’m worried about wasting time with an engineer as its intermittent so a good chance its not playing up when (if, Ive been let down too many times and days wasted off work). Anyone got any tips other than go to sky lol. Again, no speed issues at all. Dave.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH2 WiFi. On but no internet. Cable works fine

There is a known condition on the SH2 whereby WiFi drops and it reverts to WEP.  I’m not sure that’s the condition in your case, but the VM bods, when they get to this thread, can send you a Hub 3 which in any case allows you to progress in due course to higher spec’d broadband services.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH2 WiFi. On but no internet. Cable works fine

Hi dave_bass5.

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear of the WiFi issues.

I can replace the hub for you with one of our newer models if you'd like? I'll send you a quick PM to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos