cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE19 1BS expensive and useless Wi-Fi

Jimski31
Joining in

Hi, I’ve been told that ‘there’s an outage in you area that we’re working to fix’ which seems to have been going on for months. The Wi-Fi is intermittent, we spend most of the day working from a hotspot on our phones which provides a much more stable connection, yet we’re still being charged the same monthly amount £60+.

When asked if an engineer could come and visit to check at our house I was told some nonsense about not being able to book a home visit while there’s a reported outage, despite our connection issues starting before the ‘reported issue date’.

When will this be fixed or when will I be chat appropriately for the service we’re receiving.

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jimski31 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband.

When the outage is ongoing an engineer wouldn't visit as the issues are down to the network issue, our team will aim to have this fixed as soon as they possibly can with a current ETA of 6 April 2023 at 13:15pm, everything on our auto-compensation scheme can be seen here.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

But the issues we are experiencing started way before the reported date of the outage, my concern is that there is an issue with the cable leading to my property.

I find it hard to believe that an engineer, who is working in the area can’t be spared for 1 hour for a home visit or that all the available engineers are working on resolving this outage issue.

We have checked and the F010530396 fault is showing as still having an estimated fix date of the 6th April at 13.15.  If we were to arrange a technician it would be automatically cancelled due to the area issue.

Rob