cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE1 WiFi issue

Luish
Joining in

WiFi is faulty and Virgin keeps giving us an estimated date of when it will be fixed and when that day comes, nothing changes! Now the date is Sept 13 and I don't think it will be fixed by then to be honest. This is an unacceptable and the worse service that I have been provided with since I moved to the UK 7 years ago by FAR.

We've been like this for the last couple of weeks and WE DEMAND Virgin to fix it ASAP 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is anything reported on the service status line 0800 5610061?

Are you able to use Ethernet cabled connections?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't know anything about that line you wrote down. And the ethernet connection works as bad as the wireless does...

Hi Luish,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been facing connection issues on both Wired and WIFI connections, the above number is for our Automated Service Status line which is updated or you can also check for area Faults here. if no issues are showing you can run further diagnostic checks Via your Online Account, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues our end, if you are still having problems please reach back out.

Regards

Paul. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As a starter for six then, let's cover the basics here...

1: Let's get all your modem stats.. Goto to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) but don't log in. Click on "router status", and copy & paste the data from each of the tabs.

2: If you haven't already, please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides excellent diagnosis of any underlying issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Luish,

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to attend.

The down stream levels for the broadband are out of range ands this needs a visit from us.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L