cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 fe - keeps disconnecting from WiFi

Sharon_74
Joining in

Got an s21 fe at Christmas however it keeps disconnecting from WiFi and draining my mobile data. Anyone else had this problem? Is there a problem with the phone or is it an easy fix? Thanks in advance ☺️ 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

g0akc
Problem sorter
  • What wifi are you using?
  • which virgin hub do you have?
  • how far is the phone from the router?
  • have you tried using 5GHz only or 2.4GHz only?
  • does the phone do the same with another wifi connection - at a pub, coffee shop, library or wherever, or at a friends house?
  • how long between disconnects?
  • have you rebooted the hub and the phone?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter
  • What wifi are you using?
  • which virgin hub do you have?
  • how far is the phone from the router?
  • have you tried using 5GHz only or 2.4GHz only?
  • does the phone do the same with another wifi connection - at a pub, coffee shop, library or wherever, or at a friends house?
  • how long between disconnects?
  • have you rebooted the hub and the phone?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

It's virgin WiFi. Another 3 mobiles in the house with no problems just this one phone?

Hi Sharon_74 👋

Thanks for posting this on our forums, I'm sorry you're having WIFI connection issues with your new Samsung S21 FE! 📱

I have checked your WIFI services on my side just to rule out any issues with your Hub, everything is in spec and running smoothly in that department as far as I can see. 

I understand you said you've got other mobile devices in the house that work perfectly fine, it's just your S21 that seems to be misbehaving 🤔

I have also checked your mobile side for any signs of major issues with your SIM card, however nothing was detected here either. 

So, lets go through some steps to help us figure this out -

• Can you pop your SIM card into one of the other handsets and see if the WIFI connection issue occurs on this phone too? 
  • Turn off WIFI Assist, go to Settings > Connections > WIFI > WIFI should be turned *on* > Advanced settings (three dots, top right corner) > Switch To Mobile Data (TURN OFF)

Please let us know how you get on with these tips 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thsnks for your reply.

I don't have this option when I go into advanced WiFi 

Thanks for getting back to us @Sharon_74 

Sorry to hear that your handset is still not automatically connecting to your WiFi. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  Have you tried the below advice?

1)Open the Settings app on your phone. 
2)Scroll down and tap General management. 
3)Tap Reset to view the reset options. 
4)Tap Reset network settings. 
5)Tap Reset settings and if prompted, enter your security lock. 
6)Tap Reset to proceed with the network settings reset.

After doing that, please try reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network and monitor to see if the problem is fixed.

Regards

Lee_R