cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruined Garden

SamJHill95
Tuning in

Hi all,

I had the outside works done (ready for fibre) for my new property between 31st March and 7th April - I wasn’t present at the time.

I was aware that a cable would need to be laid through my garden, from my property to the pavement - however, I am not at all happy with the state the garden is now in. Knowing family members with Virgin fibre installed, their garden trenches are in no way this obtuse!

Can anything be done here? Worried the cable is exposed, as well as it being unsightly of course.

1FCB4A4E-2633-4189-95BF-EF98867F49E7.jpeg

27 REPLIES 27

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That is absolutely fantastic news and very glad this has been sorted for you. 

If you ever need further assistance please do let me know and I am more than happy to help you. 🙂 

Apart from that have a fab day 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Count yourself lucky. The house round the corner just has a cable thrown across the lawn. No cover and certainly not buried. Maybe it will be fixed when the lawnmower cuts it to pieces……

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey, realise this is an old post but interested to understand how they fixed this? 

Same thing happened to me yesterday, obviously I understand they have to go under the grass but my garden is a mess now so I’ve made a complaint too 

Hey Josh,

I found the quickest way to get it sorted was submit a complaint (as you have done) and post a thread on here at the same time with photos if possible - they tend to take notice then.

Someone from Avonline came out within a couple of weeks of me creating this thread I believe and corrected it - I’ve had no trouble since with the gap being noticeable or anything.

Hope this helps - bottom line, just keep pestering! It’s your property they’ve made a mess of so you’re within your rights to ask them to come back and fix it.

Thanks for replying! Yeah I’ll see what comes of the complaint! Glad yours is sorted

Hi there @Joshm2022

I'm so sorry to hear that you have also been effected by an installation issue! 

Can I just confirm do you already have a complaint raised with us? How was this complaint made, and have you heard back from our teams yet? 

Thanks again.

Hi ashleigh, 

I have raised a complaint through the whatsapp chat and have a complaint number, as of 7 days I’ve not heard a thing.....

cheers

josh 

Hi @Joshm2022 thanks for your reply and confirmation - sincere apologies here I can appreciate your frustrations.

Please expect me to send you a PM to look into this and get this resolved for you, kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Day 14 of exposed wire outside my house and garden ruined ..... no response on complaint 

Hi Joshm2022,

I can see my colleague was in touch with you over private message regarding this 🙂

Alex_Rm