cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruined Garden

SamJHill95
Tuning in

Hi all,

I had the outside works done (ready for fibre) for my new property between 31st March and 7th April - I wasn’t present at the time.

I was aware that a cable would need to be laid through my garden, from my property to the pavement - however, I am not at all happy with the state the garden is now in. Knowing family members with Virgin fibre installed, their garden trenches are in no way this obtuse!

Can anything be done here? Worried the cable is exposed, as well as it being unsightly of course.

1FCB4A4E-2633-4189-95BF-EF98867F49E7.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for replying back to me, 

I will just send you over a PM so we can look into this further and get this sorted for you if that is okay 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

Fill the trench in with soil and sprinkle some grass seed over it, in a few months you won't notice it anymore.

Thanks for the advice - I’ll probably do that. But that isn’t the point. There shouldn’t be this much visible disturbance, surely?

@SamJHill95 wrote:

Thanks for the advice - I’ll probably do that. But that isn’t the point. There shouldn’t be this much visible disturbance, surely?

Well, yes. They can’t teleport it into the ground!!

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Again - fully understand that. But I’ve seen several installations in a much cleaner fashion. It’s like there’s a crater opening in the garden!

Thanks for the help, though.

Richw1982
Rising star

They should push eather side of the gap so it will push it back together.  Ground may have been hard when they did it

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SamJHill95

Welcome to the forum page thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear that this installation wasn't as clean as you wanted it to be and can appreciate why you would be a little upset about it. 

From looking at your account via your forum information I can see that you have spoken to our team recently regarding this situation. 

Just to confirm is everything all sorted now or do you still need our assistance today? More than happy to help if so, just let me know. 

Thanks 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe I have submitted a ‘complaint’ but I haven’t had any indication as to resolution agreement yet - happy to wait for that complaint route to proceed if it’s easier for all involved.

Cheers

Sam

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for replying back to me, 

I will just send you over a PM so we can look into this further and get this sorted for you if that is okay 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

Update - thanks for the help of Sasha replying here and Avonline my garden has been sorted this afternoon.

Thanks all