cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish internet! Frequent dropping out of connections

jbrennen70
Joining in

The router can suddenly restart itself everyday. Frequent dropping out of connections. yesterday and this morning again. Bad WIFI coverage, I have to buy 2 wifi booster in my 3bedroom house. Terrible customer service. I wish I read this review before I sign contract with Virgin media in September. Now if I leave now, I was told to pay £230 bill. I have to stay until the end of the 18 months term and leave.

17 REPLIES 17

jbrennen70_0-1669408288620.png

Hi, My internet has dropped again a few times today and it is not unstable the speed is very slow also. WHAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM! can you fix it?

Hi, The ethernet is connecting but wifi is dropped. again. Can you send me a new router? It is router's problem! 

jbrennen70_0-1669409063078.png

jbrennen70_1-1669409097393.png

last 2 days graph. Now it is dropped again wifi. I need to replace a new router.

Hi @jbrennen70 thanks for your reply, sorry things are still an issue for you at the moment.

Are the dropouts occurring on a wired connection or is it just WiFI? 

I have ran more checks for you and all the levels to your Hub do appear within specifications here.

How have things been over the weekend? Please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

it was ok in these few days.

Hi Tom

speed is still really slow.  can you increase speed or send me a new better router? it shouldnt be this slow.

FCEA87B8-4A55-4246-B86A-C0B6678E037F.png

6287C0DD-F314-402E-A2DA-34ABD9CD8F84.png

Hi @jbrennen70
Sorry to see your concern over your WiFi speed. I have checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues with your services, in the area or any speed concerns at the router itself. 

WiFi speed will be dependant on many factors, some which are our of yours and even our control. Please ensure your router is out in the open, well ventilated and away from any other devices which also broadcast radio frequencies, such as Bluetooth devices. You can check here for other steps you can take to better improve your in home set up to get the best possible overall WiFi performance in your home. 

You can also check out our connect app here. This app lets you scan your home for any blackspots or weak/unstable WiFi signal areas. If the app shows any, you might benefit from our WiFi Pods which will help booster the signal into those needed areas. 

If you would like to check the speeds at the router yourself, you can use the Sam Know speed test here when connected to your Virgin Media home network (Make sure you don't have a VPN when running the checks). This will show you the speeds at the router itself and the speeds to the device. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, My internet has recently dropped again a few times today and it is not unstable the speed is very slow also. WHAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM! can you fix it?