Menu
Peugeotlady68
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish fibre optic 3.0 hub and connection

I have been experiencing connection issues all day and have been unable to get through to technical help. Virgin media have been unable to resolve the issue for a couple of weeks now. Bad customer service Virgin Media. What am I paying £69 per month for? And you email me today to tell me you are increasing the cost of my pack by an extra £3.50 per month. Complete rip off. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I've just hung up after waiting another 30 minutes trying to get through to some technical help and an engineer appointment I had agreed for this afternoon was never booked after I was sent a text telling me the issue had been resolved.  I don't think so.

So why can't customers talk to anyone in the UK Virgin Media?  The last time I spoke to a non UK call centre I was told they didn't have a number they could transfer me to in the UK.  I don't believe this at all.  It seems this company hide behind overseas call centres and unhelpful online chats.  Do Virgin media have a UK based member of staff that would like to help?  Go on, shock your customers and show you actually give a dam.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubbish fibre optic 3.0 hub and connection

Enable Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP in your hub and setup a BQM.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Rdeakin1802
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Don’t I was in same boat 

best thing I ever did was cancel

i have a number of a field manager if that’s any use but even he is useless 

0 Kudos
Peugeotlady68
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Day 2 of this rubbish.  As per yesterday before I had even got out of bed tried to connect to wifi and it's off again.  rubbish.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try posting up details of your particular technical problem and people on this "help" forum, will help.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Peugeotlady68 wrote:

Day 2 of this rubbish.  As per yesterday before I had even got out of bed tried to connect to wifi and it's off again.  rubbish.

and what is a wired connection like - wifi is no measure of the connection to the hub - start with a wired test if thats good thepeople can offer help on the wifi - if a wired connection is bad then you need to get VM to sort it 

Tony
Peugeotlady68
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your advice but that's the whole crux of my issue VM are not answering calls I am left in a queue and 30 or so minutes later still waiting.  Even tried messaging and again get nowhere so I am left trying trying any other option i.e these forums to try and get VM to respond.

0 Kudos
chenks
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

so you have confirmed that the issue remains when using an ethernet connection (and not WIFI) ?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Peugeotlady68 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your advice but that's the whole crux of my issue VM are not answering calls I am left in a queue and 30 or so minutes later still waiting.  Even tried messaging and again get nowhere so I am left trying trying any other option i.e these forums to try and get VM to respond.

This is primarily a Help forum where users (some of whom are experts in this area) will try to help - I would say >90% of problems are usually resolved here.

It is NOT a hot line into VM - VM staff will pick up threads after a day or two and will be able to help sort technical issues - wifi problems though are really best sorted by the experts on here.  BTW 30-60' is the usual CS response time - you just need to wait longer - better to call in the mornings 8-11am - but NOT Mondays!

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos