cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routers name changed

Emmiej
Joining in

Hi 

I've just got back from being away for a week and all my devices had disconnected from the WiFi when I went to recorrencet then u noticed My router name had changed to '1' can you email to me why and how this has happened

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Emmiej,

Hi Have you tried rebooting the hub?

If that doesn't work then you need to perform a pinhole factory reset. 

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similar. Keep it pressed in for a full minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

You will be able to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a well documented firmware "bug"

Newapollo's suggestion should restore it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.