cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router won’t connect to all devices

Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning I woke to find several devices including fire tv, laptops and Alexa’s didn’t have internet connection whilst some devices mobiles, other laptops and iPads did. 

called VM who said monitor it for 24 hours and that there have been other reports of connection issues in the area!

how can a retinal connection problem cause this, what seems to be a local problem. Have factory reset the router with no change. 

any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Call 0800 561 0061 to see if there are service issues in your area.

Following the factory reset of the Hub, it reverts to the original shared SSID / Password.

Does the Hub's WiFi settings ( for 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands) still match the WiFi configurations on your devices ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s right. I put them back to my chosen settings after. 

it changed nothing 

spikey673
Superfast

@Anonymous wrote:

This morning I woke to find several devices including fire tv, laptops and Alexa’s didn’t have internet connection whilst some devices mobiles, other laptops and iPads did. 

called VM who said monitor it for 24 hours and that there have been other reports of connection issues in the area!

how can a retinal connection problem cause this, what seems to be a local problem. Have factory reset the router with no change. 

any ideas?

Hub 5?

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah hub 5

Hub 5 has a known defect where its WiFi may fail to work when the SSID is changed from the factory setting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. It had been working for several months. Then as I say out of the blue this morning about half of the connected devices were no longer connected or had internet access

when the factory reset was done those devices still wouldn’t connect before putting back to my chosen ssid