cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router will not let me log in

DJSubterrain
On our wavelength

DJSubterrain_0-1628353294362.png

No-one else is logged into the router, I'm the only person who lives here.

Is anyone else getting this?

Tried the support page which is absolutely useless, you need to sign in, then you're sent to a tools page to run tests, offered pre-assigned problems (none of which match my issue) with no way to contact via chat.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi DJSubterrain,

That screen often appears if a user has used the Connect app.

If you've used the connect app then either delete the data and cache, or uninstall and reinstall it.

You should be able either reboot the hub and then log into the 192.168.0.1 interface or perform a hard reset of the hub and try again.

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similar. keep it pressed in for around a minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

If you previously changed your router password it won't work and you will have to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Back up and running, I had used the Connect app but not for a while. Logged back into it, connected to the hub and then I was able to get the page again on my computer.

Thanks for the help

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DJSubterrain

Glad to hear you've managed to resolve this. Please do contact us if you run into any further issues 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs