cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router settings not working

Smallbyname
Joining in

Screenshot_2022-07-26-20-44-43-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I'm trying to use the numerical setting password to login to the router and I get this message. New customer who joined a few weeks ago.

Any ideas how to get passed this?

I have held the reset button for 30 seconds, waited for the WiFi to return then login but no joy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do the reset again as below and try again. Can you do it on an ethernet cable connected computer/laptop instead of on wiffi ?
____________________________-
Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it. If not try the reset one last time and hold pin longer 90 seconds.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do the reset again as below and try again. Can you do it on an ethernet cable connected computer/laptop instead of on wiffi ?
____________________________-
Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it. If not try the reset one last time and hold pin longer 90 seconds.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Connecting with an ethernet cable fixed it, thanks.