cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router reset

anglosaxon1965
Joining in

Hi. I want to access my router settungs but, alas, have forgotten router username/password. I can do a router soft/hard reset but the Asus help page states the following:

1. Reset the router into factory default setting:

Note: All the settings (including internet settings) in your router will be removed. We suggest you ask your ISP for the related information of connecting to the Internet and then do following steps.

It is a long time since I set up my router, what are the settings the help page is saying I should request please ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

@anglosaxon1965 wrote:

Hi. I want to access my router settungs but, alas, have forgotten router username/password. I can do a router soft/hard reset but the Asus help page states the following:

Note: All the settings (including internet settings) in your router will be removed. We suggest you ask your ISP for the related information of connecting to the Internet and then do following steps.

It is a long time since I set up my router, what are the settings the help page is saying I should request please ??

Usually it's ADSL where you need some sort of credentials for third party routers to access the internet via your ISP.

With VM you just need to ensure the connection type is set correctly, mine as an example (NAT Type is debatable, Symmetric is the default):

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

carl_pearce
Community elder

@anglosaxon1965 wrote:

Usually it's ADSL where you need some sort of credentials for third party routers to access the internet via your ISP.

With VM you just need to ensure the connection type is set correctly, mine as an example (NAT Type is debatable, Symmetric is the default):