Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Router not connected to internet, need help

Service status is showing as no problem for broadband but an issue with TV in our area. Router is flashing green lights. Have checked all cables are secured tightly. Not sure what is wrong and or if it's our router or an outage in our area, despite the service status saying no known issues for broadband. Can't get through to Virgin on phone or text, have exhausted all the suggested self-help fixes, tried resetting to factory settings, switched off router multiple times etc. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router not connected to internet, need help

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @jessmlp and welcome to the community,

I have looked into your account and can see that there is an SNR fault in your area at the moment, so you might find that along with the problem with your broadband, your Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. 

The fault is logged under reference F008548334, the estimated resolution date and time of 09/11 @ 17:00.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tips!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Steven. We had an engineer come out and it was a problem with our router (which we'd only received in the last month or so) as it was a refurbished router. 

We still have a problem with our Virgin WiFi booster, we apparently need to call in to get it replaced - can you tell me the best number for this please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don’t expect a replacement booster to be any better.

0345 454 1111

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @jessmlp,

Sorry for the delayed response, I can see from your account that you been in touch with the team and they have arranged for new boosters to be sent out to you. Have you received the new boosters and been able to install the new boosters yet?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos