Menu
grocerjack
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Router loses all settings when powered off and back on

Hi, can anyone help me with two problems

Problem 1: , my Superhub 3 loses all the SSID settings and the password when there isa power outage. We were having work done today and it lost everything, and on Saturday when rearranging power sockets for the decorations it lost them again. Luckily I have backed the settings up and today reloaded them....

Problem 2: However the router now says there is a Settings session running and only one session is allowed so I can't get in and check the IP addresses of some equipment that connects to the network in the house.

Why does it lose settings ....I assume this is a fault on the box, and is there a way of killing this alleged rogue session off without switching the router off and back on and then repeating the whole sorry cycle?

Cheers Smiley Happy

Cheers, GrocerJack
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router loses all settings when powered off and back on

Do a pinhole reset to factory settings. Push the pin in till you feel the "stop point" and hold for a "timed" 40 seconds do NOT restart the router after that. Should clear it. If it doesn't - do it again and restart the Hub.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
grocerjack
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router loses all settings when powered off and back on

Ok, thanks for this. Will try next week when nobody is about, and after finishing work (I'm a home worker)

Cheers, GrocerJack
0 Kudos