Menu
Jeow
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Router keeps resetting hub 3.0

I was on super hub 2, Wednesday my router was in a constant state of restarting, it did it so much my router died, no lights or anything when plugged back in.

I phoned virgin up and got a new super hub 3.0 delivered on Saturday - set it all up and now this router is resetting itself every 30mins to an hour , also the speed seems to be capped, I'm on 100vivid package and get around 40mb now

[MOD EDIT: Image removed as contains MAC address]

Screenshot_20180828-113557_Bing.jpg

Screenshot_20180828-113610_Bing.jpg

Screenshot_20180828-113623_Bing.jpg

Screenshot_20180828-113847_Chrome.jpg

I have added some images of the router, my downstream never loads no matter how long I leave it. Just spins, tried refresh and waited ages

Can someone help me, it says there is no problems in my area either.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Jeow
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router keeps resetting hub 3.0

Screenshot_20180828-145821_Bing.jpg

This has finally popped up

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In the meantime until someone looks at these - have you tr1ed this.. worth a shot...

access your Hub settings (go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.100.1 in your browser) and do what is suggested in this thread - and at the same time what is suggested below it

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Potential-FIX-for-WiFi-Disconnections/td-p/...

Many wifi problems on the VM Hub3 are caused by it Auto-assigning the same ssid “name” to its 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency networks. This “confuses” many devices as they can continually flit from one to t’other. So the first job is to change that:-
Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.100.1) in your browser
• Login with the default login info (it’s on the sticker on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it !
• Once logged in, go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under “Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz” - change the wifi Network Name (SSID) in the box to summat you like... xxxxx2G - and also the wifi password (network key) to one you like and will remember!
• Repeat this procedure for the “Wireless Frequency 5GHz” (call it xxxxx5G to distinguish it) use the same password to keep it simple.
• click on.. APPLY CHANGES, Log out and reboot the Hub3
Now all your devices should “see” the 2 individual networks in your list of available networks and so you can connect to just the one of your choice. The 5GHz one is usually best for being more stable and subject to less interference. Its range may be less than the 2.4 though.
See if that sorts it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BrianY
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upstream power levels too high, max 50.

Need to ring Virgin for a call for attention.

0 Kudos
Jeow
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for pointing the fault out  - I have someone coming to look at it tomorrow Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jeow

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and your downstream modem SNR is too low. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you.

I will pop you a Pm to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos