Menu
Mike19701
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Router issues

I’m try to set up an 3rd party router ASU’s RT-A3200 from my hub 3 can’t seem to get the hub 3 in modem mode access blocked and internet access denied why is this?? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router issues

Does the hub work in router mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Mike19701
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s working fine in router mode 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How are you setting things up in modem mode? There’s a certain way of doing things to get it working. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Mike19701 wrote:

I’m try to set up an 3rd party router ASU’s RT-A3200 from my hub 3 can’t seem to get the hub 3 in modem mode access blocked and internet access denied why is this?? 

I assume your SH3 is in router mode still bit you have connected your ASUs to it already?

If so, then disconnect your ASUs and connect directly to your SH3 with Ethernet or WiFi.
Connect to 192.168.0.1 and login. Then put it in modem mode.

Once in modem mode (purple/red light at bottom) - power it off.

Connect the ASUs WAN port to the Ethernet port nearest the power connector on the SH3.
Power ASUs on and then the SH3.

You can then access the SH3 via the ASUs using 192.168.100.1 but only once your ASUs has got the WAN IP address.

(What is the default private subnet used by the ASUs BTW? If it's 192.168.0.0/24 then this conflicts with the SH3 in router mode)

0 Kudos
Mike19701
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Accessed the hub settings clicked on modem mode clicked apply then left for a while then came back either blocked or internet access denied can virgin block access? 

0 Kudos
Mike19701
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

sorry my knowledge is limited I’m afraid so sub net I can remember now as I gave up trying after about 3 hrs I didn’t do setup the way you described  tho 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Mike19701 wrote:

Accessed the hub settings clicked on modem mode clicked apply then left for a while then came back either blocked or internet access denied can virgin block access? 

You’re not setting it up correctly with the ASUS attached then.

Put the hub into modem mode and power it off.

Configure the ASUS connected to a laptop etc. to DHCP/Automatic connection type.

Plug the ASUS WAN port to an Ethernet port on the hub but don’t power it on yet.

Power on the hub only and leave for 5 minutes.a

Then power on the ASUS and leave for 5 minutes. 

Make sure all Ethernet connections are made to the ASUS and not the hub.

0 Kudos
Mike19701
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Right ok will try this in the morning when u say all Ethernet connections so do u mean any connected to hub 3 disconnect and connect to Asus? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Mike19701 wrote:

Right ok will try this in the morning when u say all Ethernet connections so do u mean any connected to hub 3 disconnect and connect to Asus? 

Yes. When in modem mode only one Ethernet port on the hub works for the router to be connected to. 

0 Kudos