cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router issues

Blair-Fin79
Joining in

Hi,

I am having really bad issues with my Internet. We have been on the phone to customer services and have reset the router, unplugged it and followed all of the instructions. The router has a constant red light and has done for weeks now. Customer Services have not been great and as I work from home, this is severely impacting my work.

We also have a booster upstairs which isn't helping! 

How do i contact an engineer for help?

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Re the connection problem..

...are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related.

What make/model of "booster" are you using ? These are usually poor solutions to wifi issues

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blair-Fin79,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the hub, can you confirm if the hub is out in the open and away from obstruction? Does it feel warm?

Alex_Rm

Hi, the router is out in the open and isn't actually hot when you touch it eventhough the red light stays on 

Thanks 

Hi Blair-Fin79,

Thank you for reaching back out and for confirming the above, in regards to the red light have you tried a pin reset on the Hub to rule out a software issue, push a pin/ paper clip in the reset hole at the back of the Router, push and hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after, allow 15 Minutes to settle? 

With the WIFI issue we do have our Intelligent WIFI.

you can also run further checks with our Connect App.

If you need any further help/ support please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Send the OP a new hub

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

We have done the whole reset/pin thing numerous times whilst on the phone to the customer service team. The red light is still on.

We have had the hub for nearly 7 years so could it just be that the hub needs to be replaced? I don't understand why an engineer cannot be sent out to take a look. I don't know what else there is to do to fix the issue.

Thanks 

As the red light persists, we will need to get the hub replaced for you. 

I'll pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and book a technician appointment who will get this swapped at the visit.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Blair-Fin79,
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have your hub replaced. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I cannot see any scheduled appointment on my account?