Menu
playitagainsam
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Router is unreliable how do I get it replaced?

Seems impossible to contact a real person at Virgin Media. My router seems to be faulty. It goes wrong regularly. I want it replaced. How do I go about getting it replaced?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router is unreliable how do I get it replaced?

Call in early - 08.00 - you should get through.

What's faulty about it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
playitagainsam
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Call who on what number? I dial 150 and I can’t speak to anything except a machine, ever.

0 Kudos
playitagainsam
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What’s faulty is that the wi-fi regularly drops. It usually comes back after a while but I had to hard reset it yesterday. It’s basically unreliable.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Do wired connections also drop? 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
playitagainsam
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I’ve experienced wired connections drop as well as wi-fi dropping, sometimes separately sometimes together, even when virgin media status says no error in my area; they send a reset to the router, it comes back then may go off again a little later. So o suspect the router is at fault.

thanks for offering to help but why do I have to go on a community platform to get any response? Is there not a customer helpline not manned by a bot?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@playitagainsam wrote:

Call who on what number? I dial 150 and I can’t speak to anything except a machine, ever.

Even at 08.00?  Lots of reports on here of people getting through fine at that time.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
playitagainsam
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I had the router issue again this morning , I called and was offered the option to hold to speak to someone. Not had the option previously . I spoke to someone who simply  said restart the router - I was doing this anyway. It’s working again, but for how long? I asked about the multiple faults and asked for them to replace it but I did not get anywhere because it’s working now.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You haven't actually said... what Hub model is it? Is it an older "Superhub" by any chance - if so then there is a free upgrade scheme running.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
playitagainsam
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is a mighty Hub3.

0 Kudos