cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router is in complete Stock firmware

A_Husain
Tuning in

For the last few I have tried all troubleshooting options, your resets, reboots etc. 

Currently the WIFI SSID: ARRIS-0000 or ARRIS-0000-5G 

default Gateway is: 192.168.100.1 

UPC is the interface. 

There is no lights apart from a flashing WiFi one ( WPS button ). One solid yellowish Light thin line below the WPS pair button. 

So basically I’ve got NO Landline and NO Broadband but what I do have is a barebone superhub3. 

Sending engineer as soon as possible however with work in the morning, I’d like to dabble in some solutions from the community.

What should i do? 

11 REPLIES 11

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

If the hub is in router mode then the default gateway is 192.168.0.1. If in modem mode then the gateway is 192.168.100.1

Here the thing, I've done a complete reset etc. 

Okay, how do I get out of Modem modem mode? 

When I have no access to router setting,

Reset does not reset it etc. 

Instructions please. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A reset will do that but can be tricky - do it this way.

Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

IMG_20210630_194028.jpg

Already did exactly what you mentioned with a call line technicians. 

Did not change anything. 

Next idea mate. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK so you are now in normal router mode... so you access the settings on http://192.168.0.1  and using the settings password on the Hub and not the wifi password (try both).

If you still cant connect - clear the cache - and/or try a new browser.

Then if you are on wifi - connect on a laptop/pc connected directly to the Hub by ethernet cable. I have occasionally not connected on wifi and so have had to get the cable out and then it worked fine.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

There is no access to the Router settings. 

192.168.0.1 is a------ 404 gateway 

No login options. 

No change is Router  status.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is that over an ethernet cable connected laptop/pc on a new browser?

If so....

Call in and report the issue. Or a VM person will respond on here in a day or so.

--------------------
John
--------------------

So I've tried Ethernet and WIFI. 

After reset

WiFi password is: [Removed]

SSID: ARRIS-0000

hopefully some pictures above will help. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

IMG_20210630_195052.jpg

IMG_20210630_195353.jpg

IMG_20210630_195338.jpg

IMG_20210630_195323.jpg

 Hope any of this helps.

I don't think there's any way around it.  I've only known it to happen once with the Hub3 where a surge wipes the VM Software off the box and resets it back to Arris.  A bit like if you deleted windows off your laptop and started it up

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences