cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router has constant yellow light

recallx04
Joining in

Have tried rebooting router and resetting, always come back with a yellow light, any help to get this to white light please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good Afternoon recallx04,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with our services. 

Has this issue since been resolved or is this still on going?

Are you experiencing a slow or intermittent service on our broadband services? If so, does this effect both Wi-Fi and Wired connections? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The colour of the light wont affect service.  Some are white others are yellow or blueish. Depends on batch/type of LED used

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

See this thread.

Chances are you need a new hub.  You can try phoning or texting it in as a fault, or you can take the civilised approach and wait for the forum staff to pick up your post and advise.

In the meanwhile you've nothing to lose by trying a factory reset of the hub using the reset pinhole on the back.  If that doesn't work, then it is definitely new hub time.

Already done that, reset and rebooted

Good Afternoon recallx04,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with our services. 

Has this issue since been resolved or is this still on going?

Are you experiencing a slow or intermittent service on our broadband services? If so, does this effect both Wi-Fi and Wired connections? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The light is still yellow and its WiFi thats the issue. Sometimes its fine and others its so slow

Thanks for coming back to me recallx04

I've taken a look at the local area and there doesn't appear to be any outages currently showing, have you been made aware of any outages in the area whilst you've been having Wi-Fi issues?

Can you also tell me if you've performed any diagnostics on the hub in the last few days, such as reboots or pin hole resets?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

ive done everything possible, i wouldnt have come on here before doing so, ive followed all the tips, hints diagnosis ect ect. i beleive the router is on its way out if im honest....

Can i please get a new router sent out to me? its been awful this afternoon, next to no wifi, and tv too, im paying for a service thats having so many issues this last month, im now seriously considering moving over to sky thanks to this awful service im getting, been with virgin for so many years, but recently getting shocking, tv playing up, getting purple and green pictures, wifi is worst its ever been..

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi recallx04, sorry for the ongoing issues. Checking this again now everything appears to be fine so I hope things have improved for you since?

If not, please uploading your Hub/network connection details so we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:
In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. Click on the “router status” icon at top right (SuperHub2) or the text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 full sets of data onto here – from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages. Please don’t include personal data or MAC addresses -  if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank them out for you. 

You could also try setting up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections.

Please keep us posted.

Tom