Menu
Vrixy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Router disconnections/Faulty coaxial cable?

Hi I have been having packet loss type disconnections for roughly 2 years and have had a few new routers in this couple of years with absolutely no positive effect on the connection. Today/last night i've had around 4 disconnections. After lifting the router to check something on the bottom the connection cut out again, which made me wonder if its a cabling issue, after this i slightly wiggled the attenuator/coaxial cable to see if the issues lies here and it completely cut out with the slightly touch of the cable. 

I have twice this morning called and started a live chat with customer service and both times they have told me that my line is absolutely fine and there is no evidence to show that my router is having any issues whatsoever, so they will not send out a router or investigator. I am appalled at the customer service that i have endured the last few years and i'm honestly sick of it.

This is basically what i see on my network log x10  daily.

Any help is appreciated. 

23/02/2019 10:51:42criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/02/2019 12:09:58Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/02/2019 12:10:13criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/02/2019 12:10:13Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router disconnections/Faulty coaxial cable?

If you wait on here a VM employee should pick this up and sort it out for you within a week. Or if you call in - follow the options for retentions (1,1,4,5 - thinking of leaving) you should get a UK call centre. Tell them that youare thinking of cancelling as this has been going on for years - and they should sort you out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Vrixy
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I really hope so mate, at this point saying im going somewhere else is not even an empty threat. I have logs of the terrible customer service and unless i get someone to fix the problem soon im out. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep - then deffo call the retentions team they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [early is best!]) and they will do summat as its their job not to lose customers

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Vrixy
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

23/02/2019 14:53:26criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/02/2019 14:53:26Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Happening again and again no movement on the cables at all.

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am afraid posting log snippets do not really help.

It would be better to post the logs in full along with the upstream and downstream power levels to get the complete picture.

However, if you can drop the connection by wiggling the cable every time assuming the cable is securely screwed in , then you might have a dry joint on the Hub's mobo's coax connector. In which case you will need the Hub replacing,but this does not mean you don't have a local circuit issue as well.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vrixy,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the broadband issues.

I'll pop you a quick PM so I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos