Menu
Debbieconstable
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router disconnect

I have been a customer for maybe less than a month, but all day today. I’ve been experiencing the router disconnecting from all devices but the router is fine. White light clear, and I’m able to connect again but it keeps disconnecting.

I’d like to get to the bottom of this, it’s really inconvenient.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router disconnect

@Debbieconstable wrote:

I have been a customer for maybe less than a month, but all day today. I’ve been experiencing the router disconnecting from all devices but the router is fine. White light clear, and I’m able to connect again but it keeps disconnecting.

I’d like to get to the bottom of this, it’s really inconvenient.

I assume you have a Hub3, by disconnecting do you mean by wifi connection or is the ethernet cable connection dropping out too ?  If you haven't checked the cable route please do.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Debbieconstable
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi is just disconnecting from all devices. The router is fine according to support. The cable aswell

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok as you are "new" to VM I assume you got the Hub3.  Looks like you are having just wifi connection issues and the modem to the network is working fine.  The first thing to try is pasted below - if you havent done this already give it a go and report back - there are other things to try.

-------

Access your Hub settings - (go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.100.1  in your browser) and disable the pernicious “smart wifi” - as suggested in this thread - and whilst in the settings - at the same time do what is suggested below it

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Potential-FIX-for-WiFi-Disconnections/td-p/...

Many wifi problems on the VM Hub3 are caused by it Auto-assigning the same ssid “name” to its 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency networks.  That can confuse 2.4GHz only devices as they may try to connect to the 5GHz one. So the first job is to change that:-

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.100.1) in your browser

• Login with the default login info (it’s on the sticker on the base/side of Hub) unless you've already updated it !
  • Once logged in, go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
  • Under “Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz” - change the wifi Network Name (SSID) in the box to summat you like...   xxxxx2G - and also the wifi password (network key) to one you like and will remember!
  • Repeat this procedure for the “Wireless Frequency 5GHz” (call it xxxxx5G to distinguish it) use  the same password to keep it simple.
  • click on.. APPLY CHANGES, Log out and reboot the Hub3

Now all your devices should “see” the 2 individual renamed networks in your list of available networks  and so you can connect to just the one of your choice.  The 5GHz one is usually best and more stable and subject to less interference.  Its range may be less than the 2.4 one though - which some devices can only use.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos