cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router connected but can't sign in, no internet

swigsbigly
Tuning in

Since I woke up this morning my router hasn't been working. I've tried multiple things, turning off and on again, using the reset pin, checking for loose wires, unplugging it. I've had no success. Checking the router status shows:

Acquired downstream channel (Hz) - update in progress 

Ranged upstream channel (Hz) - update in progress

Provisioning state - offline

I live in a student property so personally don't know the account number or password, we also have no landline to call up on.

As its a Sunday I can't get in touch with our landlords either.

Wondering if anyone can help with any solutions? 

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061

Thanks for your response, very much appreciated. 

Unfortunately that number just asks for my landline or account number which is info I don't have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status as an alternative although it currently fails to load for me... 

Doesn't load for me either, thanks though.

Hopefully can sort it tomorrow.

VM status page is down right now

Sorry
You've caught us at work
We're adding some cool new features to the site. We won't be long - try again in a bit.
Or call us on 0800 052 2113 and we will help you find your perfect package.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @swigsbigly

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the connection issues you are experiencing, I'm sorry that your internet isn't working at the moment. That is not ideal.

I was unable to locate your account using the details provided, I would like to check for faults that may be causing this. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena