cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Upgrade

bartlep
Joining in

Just joined VM from BT. approx 3 weeks ago. Installer fitted a HUB 3. I wanted a Hub 4 or 5 but he said I had to have what he gave me!!

How do I go about getting a Hub upgrade?

Thank you,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

Well the hub 5 isn’t on general release, it’s still in a sort of trial / test / soft launch(?) phase by invite only.

Now the only guaranteed way of getting a hub 4 is to upgrade to the 1 gig speed tier which requires a 4 or 5. VM will, and I think not unreasonably, give you whatever equipment they have available which can cope with the speed you are contracted for. The hub 3 is good for up to 600 Mb/s, and I promise you that the performance won’t be any better with a 4.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

Well the hub 5 isn’t on general release, it’s still in a sort of trial / test / soft launch(?) phase by invite only.

Now the only guaranteed way of getting a hub 4 is to upgrade to the 1 gig speed tier which requires a 4 or 5. VM will, and I think not unreasonably, give you whatever equipment they have available which can cope with the speed you are contracted for. The hub 3 is good for up to 600 Mb/s, and I promise you that the performance won’t be any better with a 4.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Only way for a Hub5 is by special invitation only

Only way for a Hub4 is to get the 1GB package (Hub3 only good up to 500)

Why do you want a 4/5 they perform no better than a Hub3 for pretty much every one.

Only reason they give you one is if you are in a highly subscribed area and the extra channels may give a more stable connection - but VM have deemed already that you arent

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.