Did you mean: 

Router Upgrade

Craig39a
Tuning in

Can I get a new upgraded router from Birgin? Hi 

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

That will depend on the model of hub you currently have, and why you want to have a replacement.  If you can give a bit more detail then we can advise on your options.   

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

What package are you on ?

What hub do you currently have it will be marked on the sticker on the base of the hub ?

If you have a hub 3 then that it is latest hub for all packages except if you are on the 1Gb plan then you will have a hub 4.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Craig39a
Tuning in

I am still on a hub 1 router here and  that for security reasons I should upgrade to a newer hub  I have tried to do this online but it simply does not work.  I believe Virgin should have sorted this automatically but again this has not happened. 
can anyone help and advise how I could get this sorted 
Thank you 

Craig39a
Tuning in

I am still on a hub 1 router here and  that for security reasons I should upgrade to a newer hub  I have tried to do this online but it simply does not work.  I believe Virgin should have sorted this automatically but again this has not happened. 
can anyone help and advise how I could get this sorted 
Thank you 

Forum staff will pick this up presently and arrange!

YOu could call it in on 150 - say you are thinking of leaving (last option)

Then say you need both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands available - they should just send a new one out!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Replied here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-Uograde/td-p/4777288

Holy triple post alert Batman!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lotharmat wrote:
Holy triple post alert Batman!!

Duplicate posts all merged.

@Craig39a  FYI - please don't post the same query across multiple threads, it can confuse the replies and is against forum guidelines. Hopefully your query has been answered in one of the replies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Craig39a, 

Thanks for your post 🙂 

We are able to help get a new Hub sent out to you but we will need to confirm a few things with you first. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs