Menu
WildfireS3
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Router Resetting Itself Constantly

All normal today until 20:00 when the router goes into a reset cycle. Tried a power cycle, tried a reset and nothing. Superhub 3.0 and V6 box  

Half an hour on hold and I’m told it’s definitely the box and I’ll need a new one. I have a spare, brand new one and I connect it up.

Wait 30 minutes as the “technician” says he needs to update the MAC Address details.

Same issue. The new box just resets itself and the data transfer icon on the TIVO is also flashing.  

Another call to VM and the “technician” says to me: “I am sorry, I don’t know what I’m doing.”

I want to check the SnR and I can connect to either box via CAT5, I get “a script is taking too long to execute”. 

No idea what to do.

I suspect that whilst trying to fix an area wide TV issues VM has messed up the broad band. 

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Resetting Itself Constantly

Your circuit is down, that’s not a technician you speak to on the call handler who just follows a script. Call customer services again and be persistent, you need a technician’s visit to rectify. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Resetting Itself Constantly

Hi WildfireS3,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear of the router issues, I can fully understand the inconvenience this would cause. I've ran a check in your area and there was an issue which has been now fixed. Is everything now resolved? Please let me know if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos