Menu
Highlighted
clas1428
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Router Password keeps changing to Default.

For the last 2 weeks my super hub 3 router keeps changing back to the default password every time I change it to a more secure one. I have pressed the pin to reset the device but it still changes password to default one. I have phoned virgin twice about this problem in the last 2 weeks. Both times I was put through to another country. The 1st call I was adviced to leave it one week then try changing password as there are problems in my area. I left it one week then changed password but still it changed back to default password. The 2nd phone call I was adviced virgin media have improved there security and it is safe and secure to just continue with the default password for the time being. Can anyone out there tell me why do virgin media advice you to change your wifi default password to a more secure one and their telephone advisers are basically advising me it's safe to run with the default one. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Password keeps changing to Default.

Worth another try this way... Do a pinhole reset to factory settings. With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and Wifi networks should revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.
Then see if you can log in and change it. If not call it in as faulty.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
clas1428
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Phoned virgin for a 3rd time to get a different opinion-  again im put through to another country- this time I am getting a visit from an engineer on Wednesday with a new router. In reality this probably means I am getting a new router delivered on Wednesday.

0 Kudos
clas1428
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Your reply came through at the same time as I was on the phone to virgin media. Will hopefully have problem fixed when new router is delivered. Cheers 🥂

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep first thing Techy will do is swap it. Dont let them go till they have demonstrated it working to your satisfaction - on your devices !

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
clas1428
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ye will do. Thanks.

0 Kudos