cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Issues

neiljb1986
Tuning in

Hi I seem to be having an issue with my router. Although when I call virgin it's Automated and says my connections are fine it regularly seems to favour my mobile connection to my broadband on my mobile device because the broadband connection is 'blocking or there is a problem', streaming buffers infrequently on both my android mobile and tablet devices and the network occasionally drops out, I have reset my router multiple times and suspect a faulty router. Can someone official from virgin  help investigate the issue? I'm not sure how I'm meant to speak to someone about this. The phone line is automated, tells me my services are OK and then ends the call without allowing me to speak to anyone. I've attached a few screenshots of my mobile device giving the message about network issues.

I have a hub 4.

Screenshot_20230218_185147_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230227_210827_Outlook.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Hub not good for wifi VM will just tell you to use there pods or you can buy your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey neiljb1986, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some connection issues. 

I have taken a look at our end and I can't see any major connection issues everything is running as it should be.

Your levels have been very healthy, how has it been since Monday? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

No this does not seem to be resolved. This message still comes up on my mobile device. I'm not convinced the router is working correctly. I'm probably no more than 7m away from the router and the router has been situated on a height with no obstructions.

How do I go about getting it swapped? 

Screenshot_20230309_101745_One UI Home.jpg

Thanks for coming back to us neiljb1986. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues. 

Have you tried a pin hole reset of your hub since the issues started? If not, please can you try to do this and let me know if that helps to resolve your issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

How a pin hole reset solves every problem...😞

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi yes reset a few times over the last few months and the problem persists.

Hi neiljb1986, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're sorry to hear the issues are continuing. I've taken another look at your hub today and I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. Everything is as it should be and there is nothing to suggest the issue is with the hub.  Looking at the devices you have connected to the hub, they are connecting via wireless.

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help.

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Finally, you can view more about our new WiFi Max service here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs