cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router 5 Issue

Gighabite
Joining in

Just had Router 5 fitted following years of issues with Router 3. My service is 350mb FTTP. Previous router set by Virgin Tech to separate frequencies but Router 5 left on dual signal. Fantastic improvement in performance immediately obvious but one issue. Next day 4k fire stick which had initially logged into 5 with 300mb speed would only log into 2.4 with 70mb and situation with similar firestick upstairs which had switched from 2.4 to 5 with 300 mb plus. How can i address this, seems separating frequencies with option to manually pick frequency is the only option? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you can split the SSIDs (name of WiFi signal) into two name by going to the settings on the hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks I’ll try it. A Virgin Tech did this to my last router but when I contacted Customer Services recently they advised this was the cause of my poor wifi coverage. We will see, certainly coverage of the new Router 5 is significantly better.