cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell

TShirtJohn
Joining in
Installed ring doorbell months ago without any problems until I upgrade to the v3 hub and now most functionality doesn't work with the doorbell. I've tried reinstalling and changing wifi channels too but nothing. Decided to try the doorbell on someone else's network and full functionality again via virgin media v2 hub so its obviously something that's not right with the new v3 hubs? Anyone any idea? The doorbell system will stay over the new v3 hub if it comes to it
33 REPLIES 33

@Darren77 wrote:

Hi all I hope this helps,

I got mine working doing the following.

1.log in to the router settings 192.168.0.1.

2.go to security settings.

3.  Insert the mac address at the bottom of the page..the mac code is on the back of the ring doorbell.

4.and make sure its 5gz only, also delete anything else related to the ring doorbell mac.

5.try the set up again.

I hope it works for you

Regards,

Darren

To achieve what exactly?

Which sub-menu under Advanced - Security Settings are you then choosing?

Not all Ring Doorbells support 5Ghz. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Taylus
On our wavelength

Bit disappointed , like others I tried what you have described here but still no good . I have had to buy another router ( Netgear  Nighthawk R8000 ) and out the SH3 into modem mode . Not ideal and an added expense . Why not sort the SH3 out 

Yes it worked for me , I bought a net gear router Nighthawk R8000 and as you say put SH3 into modem mode , ring worked fine after this but bit extreme although I was thinking of upgrading router anyway for gaming , it works better in my house for multiple Xbox 

Taylus
On our wavelength

hi Darren , think this only works  in the later ring doorbells that can use 5 ghz  , the Ring gen 2 and others only 2.4ghz ?