cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell & Hub 4

pekarokiki
Joining in

Hi

we’ve just installed the Hub 4 (upgraded) and now can’t get our Ring doorbell to connect, never had any problems with Hub 3

6 REPLIES 6

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

Rename the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks in router settings to the same as the old hub and bingo everything should auto re connect. If you do get any issues disable the 5 ghz  band for several minutes let item connect then re enable the 5 ghz band.

This worked great for me when i went from the hub 3 to 4 and then to hub 5, saved me hours reconfiguring devices to connect to the network.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If you can't get it to work put hub in modem mode and get your own Wifi router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @pekarokiki

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! It's great to have you here. 

A big thank you to our community members @bitsandpcs and @legacy1 for their help with this so far! 

Can I ask if you have been able to try the tips and steps provided? 

Thank you. 

pekarokiki
Joining in

Thank you all for your help…I renamed the 5g, managed to connect the doorbell and then went back and put the 5g back to what it was…it is all working fine now thank you

Can you give me instructions on how you rename the network? I’m having the same problem with my ring doorbell

Open browser and in address bar type 192.168.0.1

Type in your password and login to your hub settings

Under the Quick setup wizards click on Click on 'configure your wifi networks'

Your current WiFi Network Name is:******* Change

Then rename the network to what your old network was on your old hub

Click apply and that should then rename both 2.4 and 5 networks

And hopefully your door bell will reconnect thinking it was the old router providing you have not changed the ring bell settings?