Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell 2 and latest hub

Atl92
Joining in

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I've moved to VM this month from Sky and my doorbell connection was fine. When I try to change network on the doorbell, it won't allow me to connect to the VM hub.

As per guidance on other posts, I've already changed the names to split the two connections in the hub yet it still won't work.

Is there anything else I can try? 

Any help will me really appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Hubs have problems with such devices so you need to get your own router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Hubs have problems with such devices so you need to get your own router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.

Thank you.

I didn't mention that I have a wireless doorbell - Will this still solve the problem?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
yes

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Atl92 

Check the 2.4GHz channels on your hub. Some of the Ring doorbells don't support channels 12 or 13.

You could download a wifi analyser from google play store or ios and use that to check the strength of the channels and alter them as necessary.

Have you trried resetting the Ring doorbell?

You can do this by pressing and holding the orange button on the back of the device for around 20 to 30 seconds.T

It should flash blue a few times after this which shows it's resetting, thus allowing you to start the whole setup process all over again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali