Menu
English_Desi
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Ring Video Devices and Virgin Superhub - Optimum Settings?

Hi There,

I have a tech support enquiry which I hope you can help with. I have a Virgin Media Super Hub 3 modem (in modern mode) and I use the Amplfi Mesh WiFi system  as a router.

I have observed that when accessing my Ring cameras (Ring Floodlight and Ring Video Doorbell) Live View functionality, it often works better when I am not at home (accessing on 3G/4g) as almost instantaneously when I hit live view or access a motion alert the playback whether live view or motion is almost instantaneous.

When I am at home and try to access via my home WiFi - hitting live view takes a long time to load and open and sometimes not at all.

Thus I wondered perhaps if there were some ports I needed to open on the virgin media super hub or perhaps optimum settings on the Amplifi Mesh they I needed to adjust.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ring Video Devices and Virgin Superhub - Optimum Settings?

Hi English_Desi,

Thanks for your post on our Forum.

I'm sorry to see that you've been having issues with your Ring Cameras on our broadband services. 

Could you tell me if you've attempted to use these cameras without the Hub 3.0 being in modem mode?

I'd also be intrigued to know if you have experienced any other similar issues with devices in the property whilst connected to your broadband services?

Do you have have your services dropping or timing out on you when you're connected via Ethernet cable?

If you could attempt to run these tests using our hub only that would help us shed some light on the issue

David_Bn  

0 Kudos