Menu
Highlighted
Lo7us
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ring Doorbell - Live View not working

hi, ive just got a ring doorbell, ive set it up on the wifi but i cannot get the live view to work on my phone over the wifi connection but works fine when using my phone data and fine on the PC. im kinda assuming that i need to reconfigure my router so the ring doorbell has its own connection via the router, if thats the case any help would be appreciated on how to do this. or any help to get it working as it should over wifi from my phone. i have been in talks with the online help service at Ring, they were very helpful but couldnt assist me with the router as thats where the issue lies thanks in advance Lo7us
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ring Doorbell - Live View not working

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Ring doorbell Lo7us.

Please can you have a look at the below link, this has a conversation with the same issue and has a possible solution to the problem. Please can you give this a try and let us know how it goes.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Ring-doorbell/m-p/3381502

Thanks

Steven_L

Lo7us
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, I solved it by adding the ring to my guest network, but in doing that I renamed my 2.4 and 5GHz and somehow my pc won’t find the 5GHz only the 2.4GHz, so am currently having a play to see if I can sort that

but at least the doorbell is now live streaming over the WiFi 😎👍

regards

Lo7us

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lo7us,

Glad to hear your doorbell is now up and running 🙂

Just to check, was your PC previously able to connect to the 5GHz band? I only ask as some older devices don't have the ability to use the faster band.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Lo7us
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

yes that does seem the reason, I completely forgot that I swapped some bits out with my partners PC but kept hers as the main one not knowing that the network adapter was a lower spec than mine, I will be swapping that out later! Lol

thanks for ur reply

Lo7us

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lo7us,

Brilliant, thank you for getting back to me and letting me know. I'm glad it's it's a nice simple fix 🙂

Is there anything else we can help you with for now?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos