Menu
Highlighted
Dai111
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculously slow speed !!

I’m paying for a 350 mps service. 2 weeks ago I was getting approx 218 on a WiFi Speedtest.  Now I’m getting as low as 38mps.   Virgin customer service have done tests and are saying everything is ok.   When I look at service in my post code area, they show engineers working on a broadband fault.   I am getting getting no answers from virgin, but they are happy to take my money.   I’ve had my ntlworld.com email for over 20 years, otherwise I would leave. Has anyone else had similar ?

0 Kudos
rogerlindley
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ridiculously slow speed !!

You are not alone . . . .follow my VM broadband speeds at http://rogerlindley.co.uk/virgin/cm21.html  which test my speeds every thirty minutes.

0 Kudos
Dai111
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can’t seem to get your link to work Roger

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No BB provider guarantees a wifi connection as it is subject to so many vagaries - house construction, blocking objects, interfering appliances and cables, interfering neighbours' networks, Apple iOS updates etc. (see the pink sticky post at the top of the forum for improving wifi signal.)  If the connection by ethernet cable is fine - that is all VM can see/test and they will say "it's fine - you have a local wifi problem" - which, of course, may or may not be the case.  So... if you connect a computer/laptop by ethernet cable directly to the Hub, what speeds do you get compared to the wifi?  Dependent on that data will be the advice offered.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rogerlindley
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spaces at end of url   http:rogerlindley.co.uk/virgin/cm21.html

Try that

0 Kudos